Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Amanda and Kevin


Matt, Rachel and Russ took a quick trip up to Fayetteville this weekend for Amanda and Kevin's wedding. I only got one photo from the wedding, however go and check out The Smith blog for pictures of the fun day. Russ did pretty well for the long car ride up there, and stayed asleep the whole ride home. The beautiful wedding took place at the Cooper Chapel in Bella Vista. Since I played flute and sang for the wedding, I honestly think I got one of the best seats in the house. While I didn't get to see Kevin's face, I watched as a dear friend pledged herself to the man of her dreams in the glass chapel in the Ozark woods. It was beautiful, and I think exactly what they wanted.


They really outdid themselves for the reception. The Inn at Carnall Hall was filled with happy guests, and it was great to get to catch up with some of my sweet sorority sisters and their families. It's funny how you can just pick up with these gals like it was yesterday, even though so much has changed in our lives.




Meredith had a great time with her Dee Dee and Big Daddy. The Zoo and Chick-fil-a were the highlights of the exciting Saturday without her parental units. Thanks mom and dad for watching our energetic MerBear.

On a side note, we have discovered that one of the best ways that Meredith has learned our friend's names is from those magnets they use to save the date or as party favors for weddings. She'll play with those when I'm in the kitchen, so for the past 6 months or so she would come to the fridge and say "Amanda" and "Kevin." So, if you're needing your child to remember some distant cousin for your next family reunion, that's my suggestion :)
Photos Courtesy of Kristina Smith.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I have never been to a wedding at the glass chapel but always wanted to! I'll bet it was beautiful! I also love Carnall. My sister and I ate dinner there one time.

Jenny said...

I wish I could have been there. I'll have to find a way to get to Arkansas some time soon! Although with gas prices the way they are...

You look great - I love the picture of you and your guys! = )