Thursday, July 31, 2008

Watch Out for This Toy!

So, here is my lesson for the week. Once a toy begins to break, just pitch the whole thing:)
Here is the back story. One of the very few things that Meredith liked about MDO were the vacuum play toys. So, one day I was at a consignment shop, and saw this toy for $1.50 and thought "Excellent, what a steal!" All things went well for the next couple of months, until the attachment part fell off. So, no big deal -- Meredith still played with it and enjoyed pushing around the toy.
That is until this week. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but while I was playing with Russ/watching TV/just minding my own business, my daughter comes swinging at me with this toy vacuum attachment. First, every boy out there better watch out, because my daughter has an arm -- and she is not afraid to use it! After placing her in time out, I walked out of the room to collect my thoughts and let the stars stop coming (don't worry, I didn't have a concussion); and then quickly took the offending toy out to the trash. A nice little goose egg appeared after a couple of seconds (which I later learned is actually a good thing - bleeding outside of the skull, as opposed in inside), but has now become a pretty bruise.
Don't let that nice smile and funny eyes fool you.....it is not a toy that you want to mess with! Or maybe, just not a toy for the Lipsey kids :)

8 comments:

Clay and J said...

I'll have to remember your tip about throwing toys away when the time comes! I enjoyed catching up on your blog--good for you for taking a vaca! We're planning a road trip to Savannah in October, and Grace will only be 4 and a half months old....should be fun! What's your week like the 2nd week of August? Play date?

Megan said...

Oh gosh Rachel! Glad you're ok.

Basham said...

Rachel- I did the exact thing to my mom when I was young with my plastic tv. She was not happy and it blacked her eye! So..um I am sorry to you as well.. :)

Stephanie said...

Hope you are feeling better!!

Rebecca (Sam's wife) said...

oh my! glad you are ok! ouch!

ChiefAaron said...

We had this vacuum! The kids were obsessed with it.

Susan said...

hehehe...girl, Setler and I are constantly bruised up thanks to him! Glad to know it isn't just my child. Call me!

Rebekah said...

Oh dear! She looks way too sweet to be able to do that much damage! Glad you are okay!