Jason and Jennifer drove all the way back to Arkansas for a shower for their upcoming addition. Emma or Riley got lots of good stuff, and Russell and I were so glad to see to see our friends who live far away. Russell let the grandmas-to-be practice on him, and I got a nice break from swaying with the slightly fussy boy :)
Jenn you look beautiful and are going to make a great mom. Don't stress too much, and we'll see you this summer.
My sweet newborn baby is 2 months old, and I can't believe how fast the time has gone. Russ, we are starting to see more of you as you show us your cute smile and your sweet coos. You still enjoy eating very much, and you have blessed us by sleeping 7 hours straight for the past month. You started smiling at your family this past month, and you enjoy your sister "playing" with you. You currently weigh 12 lb 8 oz and are 24 1/4 inches long, and we like to call your our chunk. We love you, Russ.
I got this from a my space friend, and in honor of the love month of February, I'll post it here and see if you can learn anything new about us:)
1. Where did you meet? We met at church. Now, I would tell you that we met 3 years earlier than Matt would tell you...but that's a story for a different time. But both times were at church.
2. What was the first thought that went through your head when you met? I thought he was cute. I guess the typical 15 year-old girl thoughts.
3. Do you remember what he was wearing? No -- but Matt's wardrobe is not very big -- so it had to be a polo shirt and khakis/jean combo:)
4. Where was the first time you kissed this person? My parents house (my house at the time).
5. How did he/she ask you out? The first "date" was more of a group thing, so I can't remember if he actually asked me -- or someone else did it for us. After that, he called and asked me out on a date the next weekend -- just the two of us.
6. Where did you go for your first date? The group date was to the movie "Casper" and the first alone date was to the move "While you were Sleeping" and then to ice cream at TCBY.
7. How long did you know this person before you became a couple? we meet at the end of July, and were pretty much a couple by the middle of August.
8. Has this person ever proposed to you? Yes, and that will have to be a story for a different post.
9. Do you and this person have kids together? Yes
10. Have you ever broken the law with this person? No
11. When was the first time you realized that you liked this person? Pretty much from the start
12. Do you trust this person? ABSOUTELY!
13. Do you see your partner in your future? As far as I can dream.
14. Whats the most expensive thing this person has given you? Probably my engagement ring
15. What is one thing he/she does that gets on your nerve? He throws his kleenex trash on the floor, and I assume he anticipates picking it up -- but I end up picking it up for him because it is left on the floor for a while. Yuck!
16. What is the thing you do that gets on his/her nerves? I'm pretty sure he thinks I talk to much (and say things I probably shouldn't) and that I'd rather go out to eat than eat at home.
17. Where do you see each other in 15 years from now? With our precious children in high school (wow -- that will sure be different than today's diaper world) and busy with their activities and ours.
The last few days have been spent wiping runny noses and doing some extra hand washing, so I'll try to catch you up! I think we are on the back end of "the crud," but its no fun when it runs through the family!
Here are some Valentine's Day/Russell's 2nd Month Old photos
Russ goes to the Doctor next week for his 2 month check-up, so I'll update you then on his weight and height.
Matt was very sweet and got us a Tiramisu Cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. It's been very yummy. I'll have to do some extra workouts to take off the added calories!
Last night was Girls Night Out for Jennifer, Kim, Laura, and I and we got to see the timeless broadway classic "Annie." The actors and actresses were wonderful, and I think the best part about it was listening to all the kids sing along and respond to the musical. My favorite parts were when someone on stage would say "shut-up" you would get all these little gasps from the 4-6 year olds saying "that's not a nice word." It was too cute!
I had a great time last night, and enjoyed getting out of the house with you gals and catching up on all the happenings of our families
What does a family of four do when the temperatures head up to the mid 60's in February? Well, you head outdoors, of course. One of the things I love about Arkansas is that you have these nice crazy weather patterns that bring in a nice spring day right in the middle of winter (however, its awful that these can bring such strong storms that cause such devastation like the Atkins tornados this past week -- lift those people up in your prayers this week if you get a chance).
Meredith, Russ and I spent some time outdoors this week. We went to a few parks, and even headed out to the zoo yesterday with Matt. Russ slept through his first trip to the zoo, and Meredith enjoyed seeing the animals again. Work has kept me busy this week, however the other thing that has been taking up my sparetime is the newest Karen Kingsbury book Someday. Now, I am not much of a fiction reader, but this series (and the two before this one) have captivated me. Karen is a Christian fiction writer, and I've been impressed with how the books model real life. She only has one last book in the series, but she says at the end of this book that she will put a blog up on her website with entries from the various Characters from these books.
Now that I've finished the book, I have no more excuses for digging into those income tax forms:)
Meredith, Russell and I were so excited to see Aunt Liz today! We got chance to catch up with the busy girl today at lunch, and Meredith got to share all of her new words and phrases with her. Meredith even got some of her favorite food -- dessert!
One of my favorite books as a little girl was called We Help Daddy, about two kids who wanted to help their dad do chores around the house. So, yesterday when Meredith was outside with Matt I just couldn't resist getting out the camera and taking a few shots. She is such a big helper!
Russ will be a big helper one day, but for today he was mamma's lap buddy.