Sunday, February 10, 2008

Suddenly Springtime and Someday

What does a family of four do when the temperatures head up to the mid 60's in February? Well, you head outdoors, of course. One of the things I love about Arkansas is that you have these nice crazy weather patterns that bring in a nice spring day right in the middle of winter (however, its awful that these can bring such strong storms that cause such devastation like the Atkins tornados this past week -- lift those people up in your prayers this week if you get a chance).

Meredith, Russ and I spent some time outdoors this week. We went to a few parks, and even headed out to the zoo yesterday with Matt. Russ slept through his first trip to the zoo, and Meredith enjoyed seeing the animals again.


Work has kept me busy this week, however the other thing that has been taking up my sparetime is the newest Karen Kingsbury book Someday.
Now, I am not much of a fiction reader, but this series (and the two before this one) have captivated me. Karen is a Christian fiction writer, and I've been impressed with how the books model real life. She only has one last book in the series, but she says at the end of this book that she will put a blog up on her website with entries from the various Characters from these books.

Now that I've finished the book, I have no more excuses for digging into those income tax forms:)


3 comments:

-Shane, Michele & Wolffe said...

Glad to hear you had some nice weather to enjoy. It's been in the high 70s here this week. I think that's the one thing we all love about Houston - the warmer temperatures.

Mauree said...

Rachel,
I have nearly all of the other Karen Kingsbury books. If you are interested in them I will bring them to you sometime. I hate that books just sit in my closet because I don't like to read books more than once.

Jones Family said...

As usual, can i borrow the latest book in the series? It will probably take me longer to read this one with Will around. :o)