Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Week in the Life....

Because I have misplaced my memory card, I don't have any exciting pictures from the week. However, I'm going to see how many photo bucket images I can use to describe our week.

ankle cut away
First, a sprained ankle. Ms. Meredith knows that she is supposed to always sit on her bottom when going down the slide, however her independent spirit came out and bit her on the bottom -- or shall we say foot. The poor girl spent about 2 days doing everything possible to not walk on that leg, but, on a positive note, we did have a couple of successful potty training days. She is doing much better now, and thank you to all the friends that called and checked in on her.

Randomosidy

I had a great time with 3 of my friends on Monday night - Jennifer, Kim, and Stephanie. We went to The Flying Fish down in the river market, and had a wonderful time catching up with each other. Girl's nights are FANTASTIC!

Do NOT dress me up like a COW!!!
Yesterday, was Chick-fil-a's annual Cow Appreciation Day. The kids and I met Matt for lunch up at the Chick-fil-a in Conway and saw kids and adults dress like cows for a free meal. There were lots of creative folks up there! I loved the black socks pinned on for a cow's tail, and the kids that went all out and painted their faces black and white got into character well. Meredith enjoyed giving high fives to the guy in a cow suit. I guess next year we'll have to participate.

wedding

Today I was honored to help host a Bridal shower for a sweet high school friend, Beth. Beth is getting married this month, and I am so happy that she has found a wonderful man to spend the rest of her life with. It was wonderful to catch up with all my friends from Park Hill, and meet Ms. Gracie!

Going to get a new memory card now.....

3 comments:

Kim McGaughey said...

Impressive use of images! Glad Meredith is doing well, and it was great to catch up with Stephanie. If only we could get them to move back sooner! By the way, we have had the boat forever - since I was a teenager - my dad gave it to us.

The Henrys said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Meredith's ankle! I will pray for a quick recovery. I'm glad that you all are enjoying your summer.

Susan said...

a. Sorry to hear about Meredith's ankle. Hope it heals quickly!
b. Beth who?