Monday, July 7, 2008

Fabulous 4th of July Weekend

The Fireworks, the food, and an appreciation for the freedom of the United States were the centerpieces of the Lipsey's 4th of July weekend. We had a fairly low key weekend, however we were very thankful to spend 4th of July night with our friends up in Searcy for a very yummy BBQ. Our friend Jono has entered the world of BBQ smoker extraordinaire, and we enjoyed some good fun with them and their other family and friends. Meredith and Russ enjoyed the food, but Meredith really enjoyed getting in the pool after dinner. I'll have to see if Brooke got any good pictures, because we let her just play around on the pool steps wearing her regular clothes. She was a little wet, but had such a good time splashing that I just couldn't make her stop.


Meredith helped me do a little cooking this weekend with some 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats. She got a little carried away with the sprinkles!

Another weekend flew by, and now we are starting another normal summer week. We ventured out to the pool this morning, and I'm sure we will make it to some of our other fun places (the zoo, the lake, and the park) later in the week.

I don't think I've mentioned it on here, but Matt started a new job last week. While its a little longer of a commute, the hours have been almost identical to his previous job as far as when he leaves and gets home from work and he is excited about his new position.

3 comments:

-Shane, Michele & Wolffe said...

Congrats to Matt on the new job. I can't believe how big Meredith is now! I hope we make it to LR sometime soon. Shane was actually there last Monday for work. It was just a day trip, though, so he basically flew in, took care of business and then flew home.

The Henrys said...

Congrats on his new job. I love the pictures of Meredith helping. She reminds me of Madeline when she helps me. I'm glad you all had such a nice 4th.

Susan said...

Meredith is so pretty! And, thanks, now I'm craving rice crispie treats...but, alas, I'm on a diet...well, SUPPOSED to be! :) Let's meet up before the reunion events Friday or Saturday night. Megan and Charlie too...maybe Rebekah and Flint. Call me.