Thursday, March 6, 2008

7 Random Facts

Stephanie tagged me for this little game. I've read quite a few of these from some of you bloggers out there, so I'm not going to tag anybody. But feel free to put your 7 random facts up on your blog as well:)

1. Hammer toes and thumbs. If you ever get close to my hands and feet, you'll notice that my big toes and thumbs are quite a bit smaller than everyone else's. As a child and teenager, this was of quite a bit concern to me. I always thought "What if my child has one hammer toe and one regular toe?" Now I realize its not a huge deal, and I rarely jam my big toe:)

2. Presidential History Lover. I always try to land on the yellow (history) trivial pursuit spaces because of this interest. I think it stems from my enjoyment of biographies, but I've always enjoyed learning more things about the Presidents. From Washington's military days, to Jackson's "Petticoat Affair," and to today's presidential primaries -- it all interests me.

3. Never been to Disneyworld. Yes -- I have never been to the most magical place on earth. However, we are planning on going when Russ is 3 or so. I shouldn't be deprived for too much longer:)

4. My lazy eye. When I failed my vision test for my driver's license, I found out that I am practically blind in my left eye. I'm pretty sure that during my cheerleading days I hit my head hard enough to cause this to happen, because I always passed my eye tests in grade school, and the optometrist said that people usually catch this much earlier than 16. Anyways -- what I didn't know in college is that people with only one working eye have little depth perception. This would have made my frustration with Statics (its an engineering course) a whole lot easier to understand:)

5. Why my hair is either short or long in pictures. I am on my 3rd round of Locks of Love. While I do really enjoy my hair up in a pony tail, the main reason I never get more than a trim is because I just love to be able to give my hair away to someone who would like it/need it.

6. Lists, Lists, Lists. Now I'm not quite a list oriented as one of my college roommates’, Ms. Jenny, but boy would I not function without my lists. The grocery list is probably the big one. I start with a menu for the week, then write down all the ingredients on a list, and then mark off things that I have and usually re-write the list in grocery store order (from walking in the store to checkout order). These days I seem to be making several separate store lists so that I can get the sales and double coupon deals. Yep -- I'm a little compulsive about the list thing.

7. Coin Collector. I started back in elementary school with a penny coin collection, and now I've got my pennies, quarters and nickels going. We usually throw all of our spare change in a jar, and then every once and a while I'll go through it and pick out the coins I don't have. It's a fun little hobby to keep.

OK -- that was kind of hard to think of 7 unique things. If something comes to your mind that I didn't put down, please leave a comment about it.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Rachel, I never knew any of these things about you!! Thanks for playing along!

Leslie said...

Wow! I learned so much. I kind of always wondered about your hair--either short or long. That is so awesome!! You are such a good-hearted person. Thanks for sharing.

Rebecca (Sam's wife) said...

That is right! My mom told me that and I forgot. I was showing her pics one time of Matt's cute kids now! How I seen this blog, etc. and she told me. That is where I grew up. We don't live too far from them now. You are right it is small world. I am also friend's with Patch.

Jenny said...

I had to laugh when I read about the lists. I just rediscovered list making. I'd gotten better...for a while!

Susan said...

Girl, I'm an insane list maker myself! It makes me feel organized and happy. I make packing lists every time we go anywhere: vacation or even just to spend the night somewhere. I make a to-do list, grocery list, planning list for parties or family gatherings, you name-it.
That was a very good get-to-know-you better game! I don't think I could be that creative and come up with 7 things.