Friday, June 6, 2008

Flashback Friday

In two days Matt and I will celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary. In our current season of spit-ups and diaper changes, it is so easy to forget that the real beginning of our family started on that day as we vowed before our God, our family, and our friends that we would love and commit to each other. I am so blessed to have a man that not only loves me, but also loves the Lord. A man who challenges me, but also is my biggest fan. A guy who will pamper me, but also push me to be my best.

So, our plan is to go out and have a nice dinner together for our anniversary. After that, we will need to go work-out :) We've got to get in good shape before our church directory photos and my class reunion this summer. See what I mean about challenging each other!

Anyways, go kiss your spouse and remember how much they mean to you to help us celebrate our anniversary!

10 comments:

Beth said...

Congratulations on six years!! That picture is beautiful!

I know what you mean about having to work out. I REALLY need to get in shape for the reunion as well, especially if I want to buy a new dress! ;)

Rebecca (Sam's wife) said...

too cute!! happy anniversary. so funny b/c i just remembered i was at one of your engagement parties(family friend with all sorts of "trinkets" in their house)...talk about a random flashback...was that really 6 years ago!!!???

considering i will have just had a baby-i am not sure how good of shape i will be in for my class reunion this fall. i hope to fun a 5k in october...we shall see though?!

Leslie said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Matt & Rachel!
I remember your wedding like it was yesterday. Patrick & I recently recalled your wedding day and how beautiful it was. Two individuals truly were joined together as one and were glowing with love! Thanks for sharing your love with all of your friends and family. Have a great dinner out!

The Smith Family said...

Happy anniversary! Man are we getting old or what? I too remember your wedding day like it was yesterday! Learning how to use a melon baller, eating arby's as your last single girl meal, good times, good times!

Susan said...

Congrats! And don't worry.... Yeah, I was going to have made so much progress by vacation...well, that's next week, and let's just say, I haven't even started! With the move to the new house comes a new routine. Seth and I might join a gym or something. I need a class committment to push me, I guess it's years of being on a team with different sports. Anyhow, we have a little over a month before the reunion, right?! Then, Seth's is in Oct.

Basham said...

Congrats! That picture is great! You can really tell that you are both in complete love with each other! I am so happy for you!! I can't believe it has been 6 years!
Congrats!! Melissa and Daniel

Jenny said...

Happy anniversary! I was just looking at a picture from your wedding the other day. You are truly made for each other!

Rebekah said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys make a great team. I am so glad that our kiddos are growing up together!

Stephanie said...

Happy anniversary!! Did we all get married at the same time of year or what???

Rebekah said...

Congrats! Doesn't six years go by so fast?!?! We celebrate 6 years this August!!! WOW! I love the wedding pic! You guys are so sweet!