Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thrifty Thursday

Here is my attempt to throw out the tricks of the trade for thrifty spending in the Lipsey household. I'm not sure how many "Thrifty Thursdays" there will be, but was pretty excited about my latest trip to the mall :)

Tip #1: Shop Off-Season

So, if you haven't heard, Old Navy is currently having their 50% off lowest ticket price on summer clothes. I'm not generally a huge fan of Old Navy, but for playclothes and at a good price - sign me up! I picked up a dress, 2 shirts, and a skirt for Meredith and 3 shirts and a pair of shorts for Russ for a grand total of $15.84. However, the BEST part was that I had a mechandise check from last Christmas for $26, so I got all this stuff for nothing out of pocket and $10 off of my next purchase (whenever that might be).

Tis the season to be thrifty!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I was just at the mall doing the same! (Although I didn't make it as far as Old Navy)

I love the Thrifty Thursday idea!

Mauree said...

I wish I could buy for the next season. Unfortunately, the boys have never stayed "true to size". One year I bought practically the whole next season in size 3 and Miles could not even wear it (I was so frustrated). Luckily, Jonas can wear it now and maybe even the next little guy. Oh well, at least when I buy in season two more little boys will get to wear it too!

Basham said...

Well..no kiddos here but I am becoming a fan of Walgreen's and their weekly adds. I started looking at them a few months ago and I have saved some real $'s. I am going Thrifty Thursday as well!!

Clay and J said...

I love a good deal! I need to get some stuff for Gracie for next summer. :)

Beth said...

I LOVE Old Navy! That's where I buy most of my clothes! I'm not kidding! :)