Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Remember Me?

Hi Blog Readers!
I am so sorry that I haven't updated my blog in almost 2 weeks! It has been a busy time for us, so I'll try to catch everyone up. Matt went to D.C. on a business trip last week from Monday through Friday. I have never felt more blessed to have a great husband than when he was gone for that week! My wonderful parents helped me get through the week, but I was completely zonked out by Friday when we went to get him in the pouring rain at the airport. I have a completely new appreciation for single moms, and have added everyone of them that I know to my prayer list.

The bible study has been so good. The past couple of weeks during the study were focused on the Feast of Weeks and the Feast of the Tabernacle. I remember learning about these feasts growing up at church, but it has been a fresh new experience to see how they relate to Jesus' ministry. I highly recommend this study!

Meredith has been all about "self" these past few weeks. Anytime she wants to try to do something by herself the word "self" comes out of her mouth with grand determination. Its good to see that kind of individualism -- just hard when its eating strawberries in a nice outfit. One of the cutest things this past week happened up in Bald Knob (keeping reading to find out why we were there). We had stopped by a farm to pick up some strawberries, and while I was buckling Russ in, she sat in the front passenger seat and said "Mommy drive" while she began pulling down the seat belt so she could ride up front. That was one sad little girl when I told her that her car seat had to stay in back and that she had to ride in it.

In Russ news, he is eating solids now. He seems to enjoy several things, like sweet potatoes, bananas, and applesauce -- yet is not a big fan of the green beans. I guess all children prefer the sweet stuff (or maybe its just momma's sweet tooth). He is already wearing quite a few of his 6 month outfits, and has started communicating in a rather shrill squeal. Believe me, it is very loud and hopefully will be replaced with something in a lower register!

Here are some recent pictures:

First up is our Basket of the Month (BAM). Its a CSA (community supported agriculture) program, and it was our first adventure into the system. The quality was excellent, and our favorite parts of this month's basket were the milk and Meredith really liked the 7-grain bread. Who would have thought that!

The Whole Basket


Do you see the Blue Egg?

Our first meal made from "local food"
Sweet Potato Pancakes, Bacon, 7 grain bread, and a strawberry

While traveling with extension, I got to try several local specialties in various towns in Arkansas, however this one is one of my favorites! It's the strawberry shortcake from The Bulldog Restaurant in Bald Knob. Bald Knob is know for its strawberries, and the taste of this was just as I remember. If you want one, go soon! They are only around during strawberry season.
We pulled the tigger bouncer out for Russell this past week, and he of course liked it. And so did Meredith
And, we'll flashback for good measure, too.This is from the Mother's Day tea at our library. They let us bring Meredith's Dee Dee too. It was a lot of fun!

Keep us in your prayers this week as we are all battling a cold. At least we all have it at the same time (I think that's a blessing, anways!) I hope that you all are well and happy!

1 comment:

Susan said...

You go girl, supporting Arkansas! I'm proud of you. Good post, missed ya. Really missed the Flashback Friday!