Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Welcome to the Blog

So, hopefully I can do better at this blogging thing than some of my other on-line endeavors. While putting up my family picture, I've noticed that pretty much all of our pictures are of Meredith. So, I'll try to hand that camera over to some one else so I can update our family portrait!

Update on the Lipsey's
Since Matt and I got married, we lived in Oklahoma for 1 1/2 years while working on graduate degrees. Norman was a great college town, and its also nice to have two football teams to root for in one family -- because when one team is doing bad, usually the other is doing ok. However, Arkansas has nothing on Oklahoma Football atmosphere. It may have just been because we had tickets to OU's 2003 season (Jason White winning the Heisman and an undefeated regular season), but Football is VERY serious business there.
In January 2004, we moved back to Little Rock. Matt took an electrical engineering position with BEI Technologies in Maumelle, and after interning with NRCS I ended up with an ag engineering position at the U of A Cooperative Extension Service. We kind of got back into the swing of Central Arkansas by getting back involved at Park Hill Baptist and seeing many of our high school friends. Both sets of families live in the Little Rock area - so it was nice not having to rush around like ants during the holiday season anymore!
Onward to 2006, and sweet little Meredith entered into our lives. She was a very good little baby, and now is growing into a lovely, energetic toddler. She keeps us on our toes all the time! Meredith and I try to stay busy during the week with playgroups, library story time, and Mother's Day Out. I am so blessed to be able to spend so much time with my daughter. Here are some of our favorite pictures of her.
The first "eye open" picture (Spring 2006)














Matt and Meredith giving her "Kermit the Frog" face (Spring 2006)


















Hi Mom, I'm "flying" (Summer 2006)














The Birthday Girl (March 2007)
Such a Cute Hog Fan (September 2007)

We are getting excited about the upcoming addition of Russell. The second pregnancy has been fairly uneventful. I am starting to feel big, and getting those "how much bigger" can I actually get thoughts again. Its hard to believe that in less than three months I will have another kiddo to talk about.
Thanks for reading my first blog, and I'll try to keep you updated!

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Rachel...I found the link to your blog on your myspace page! I love it! I love hearing of all you and Matt have been up to! I am sad that I did not get to see you this weekend! But, your mom gave me the quick rundown! Meredith is so precious! Hard to believe you are a mom and have a second little one on the way! It is great to get reconnected with you! Hope you guys are doing well!

Rebekah

Beth said...

Hi, Rachel! This is Beth Gray. I found your blog connected to Rebekah Harris'. I'm so glad to see that you guys are all doing well! Congratulations on your future new addition! And, your daughter is precious!