Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Summer, We Are Glad You Are Here

Meredith has been talking since January about wanting to go to the pool. Six months ago I would say "We have to wait until June gets here." Since Meredith really only knows one June, I'm pretty sure that she has been waiting for June, Rocket, and the rest of her Little Einsteins buddies to arrive and whisk her away to the tunnel slide, baby pool, and land of floaties and fun. She may be a little disappointed, but we are very glad that June as arrived!

Here is an update on the past month:

Promoting to another Sunday School class can only mean one thing, Russ is Happy! For back story, see blog entry here. Ms. Wilma, Ms. Pat, and Ms. Debra -- please don't worry, we did pull out the bucket and did not make him use the gladware as a bucket after this shot was taken :)

Our new favorite toys --

The Slinkie

And the Blue Car (enjoyed because Daddy will "drive us" around the house at blazing speeds).



Playing Fort
Oh Picasso Meredith, We mark on the paper, not on the walls

Hungry, Russ?

And that's where are phones are....
We still love you!

8 comments:

Lissa said...

Did you teach your kids how to make forts? I've been thinking about my own childhood fort-making days recently and wondering whether I ought to introduce that activity to my children (because of fond memories and all the civil engineering I learned) or just wait for them to figure it out on their own (because I remember my mother not liking the living room being turned inside out).

coble said...

Russ when did you get so big??? Rachel I wish I could have seen your reaction when you walked into Meredith’s room to see her artwork!

Rachel said...

Lissa - Matt was the one who taught them the fort making activity...but I will say that Meredith has gotten pretty good at setting up the fort. She usually needs help throwing the blanket over, but both Meredith and Russ will pull the cushions out and and try to set them up. I do think the engineers in us probably keep this activity going :)

Ms. Coble (he he) - My reaction was probably a mix of "Oh My" and smoke flowing from my ears. I was not a happy camper :)

Basham said...

Your house looks like a fun place! Forts, Singing on Stools, The Slinky, and writing on the walls (I can only imagine your reaction!) I love keeping up with your family and your fun posts! ;)

Jenny said...

As the daughter of a physics major, I remember when the Slinky came out. Hopefully you didn't try to give the scientific explanation my father did!

Lovely pictures! Lots of summer fun!

Jennifer Skoff said...

Your kiddos are just the cutest little things! I got to have lunch with Margaret Ward the other day and she got to see Cade for the first time:-) Glad to see you guys are having a great summer.

Clay and J said...

Yay for summer! Gracie loves slinkies too. Oh, and what in the world did you do for Meredith's walls???

Rebekah said...

oh my goodness....the artwork on the wall is so funny and makes for fabulous storytelling! clearly I am behind on readin blogs! Hope you guys are doing well!!! The kiddos are way too cute!