Friday, January 23, 2009

Bloggy Breakdown

It doesn't seem like almost three weeks since my last post, but the calendar doesn't lie. So, what has been going on in our lives? Just the usual......

Wii like to play

Meredith has come to enjoy playing the Wii this past month. My attempts at pictures, thus far, have resulted in little success, but believe me she really enjoys playing a few of the games. Along with her old favorite of Tennis, she has picked up Golf, and of all things BOXING! She likes to "wiggle" and puts her boxing opponent "to sleep." So, therapy may be in our future, but for now she gets really excited to play and maybe it will teach her some self defense skills?

In addition to Meredith's new found addiction, I picked up the Wii game "My Fitness Coach" for my personal enjoyment. Think animated fitness trainer computer program. I've enjoyed it so far (well, maybe not the weight and measurements part), but its been neat because you can set the amount of time you want to work out, a focus area of the day, and incorporate any workout equipment that you already own. I've already gotten a bronze cup ;)


An Old Man

A certain someone in our house celebrated his 30th birthday this past week. The kids and I supplemented his Rock Band collection with a wireless mic and Rock Band 2, as well as the book Diary of a Wimpy Kid. He's 30! Oh my goodness -- it seems like yesterday we were eating all-you-can-eat Waffle House with Jono, going to SWAT with the church gang, and Brooke and I were listening to all sorts of ROTC stories. Ah.....memories.


Getting into Trouble
Russ is all boy! This past month we have seen him try to push his boundaries a little more.

Issue #1: The TV controls on my parents TV - The TV at our house is up high, but the TV at my parents house has the controls right at Russ level. Mr. Smarty Pants figured out how to turn on and off the TV, and he knows that we will tell him "No, No" because he looks slyly over to the adult in the room, pushes the button, and then runs off in laughter as we try to redirect to another activity. Time out may be in our son's future sooner, rather than later. In the meantime, I've ordered the TV guard that is supposed to solve this problem.


However, he is enjoying his favorite things: his hairbrush, his toothbrush, and the dishwasher. Looks like personal and household hygiene is important to him!


Church Stuff

Upcoming flute performances have kept me busy with practices this month, as well as the usual Sunday School and Pre-K Choir activities. We have gotten back into the swing of things in both areas!


I just started the Beth Moore Esther study up at church, and trying to stay on top of the homework. As always, its been very good - and I look forward to seeing things develop throughout the study.


Living By the Book

The Cobles talked about this earlier this week, but I have also been reading Pastor Martin's read-thru-the-Bible daily devotionals and corresponding passage reading. What a blessing! If you have been looking for a way to stay accountable to reading God's Word, then I highly recommend this blog. I am trying to also use the passage for the day to correspond with my kids devotional (although, this will probably get a little difficult when we get to Leviticus and Deuteronomy in a few weeks). The link to the blog is http://www.pastorscmartin.blogspot.com/.


2 comments:

Jenny said...

It is always nice to catch up with the Lipsey family! I am happy to hear that things are going well for you all!

Rebekah said...

Sounds like you guys are doing well and staying busy...as usual! We definitely know the feeling. I know it is always more funny when it is not you own...but I think it is funny that Russ turns off the TV and runs! I am sure we will be tested, too!