Sunday, January 6, 2008

Parties and Pigtails

Wow - what a busy two weeks it has been! I hope that each of you had a wonderful Christmas and a very festive new year. Here is an update on our holiday happenings.

We had a wonderful Christmas holiday. I don't have too many pictures, but once I get some from the rest of the family I'll try to post them. For some reason I always seemed to have a baby or a toddler in my hands:) Sharon hosted a wonderful Cookie Decorating Party for the kids a few days before Christmas, and a fun time was had by all. Chefs Meredith and Matt had lots of fun, while Russell just looked from a far. Leslie and Patrick came and visited little Russ the next day, and we had a good time catching up with them. Thanks for playing ball with Meredith, as well as stopping by to see us! We made it up to church for Christmas Eve service, and Matt and I were amazed at how well both of our children did during the service. Meredith amazed us with her restraint and the first real peep out of her was after the Lord's Supper (so, pretty much the end of the service) when she declared "All Done." Matt even commented that we should have more little kiddos to fill up the pews .... my thoughts, slow down, buddy:) After that, on to Christmas at the Davis' for food and presents.

Christmas morning was a brunch at our house with grandparents. I think Meredith was a little overwhelmed. She ended up going into her playhouse, and not coming out to open presents. However, she did like the presents after they were opened. On to Christmas lunch with the Lipsey family -- so more food and presents. Finally got to make it back home, and the whole family pretty much crashed. I'm tired just writing about it!

We just spend New Years in the house after picking up some Texas Roadhouse grub. I didn't actually stay up for the ball dropping, but I was up at 2 AM with Russell. Does that count?

The kids and I are getting adjusted to life with dad at work, and other family getting back to their own lives. I've found that I've become even more scheduled than before --- probably helps that Russell really seems to thrive on the Eat - Play - Sleep cycle. I've also caved and added another laundry day -- but its probably better than running 4 loads in one day.

Russell had his first office Pediatrician visit this past week. 9 lb 3 oz and 21.5 inches. Matt is wondering when, and not if, he is going to be bigger than his big sister. He's still an excellent baby, although he has picked up an evening fussy period. However, when he sleeps for 3-4 hour stretches at night, I can't complain too much.

Meredith has been a little mimic these past couple of weeks. Liz got her to start saying "That's nice." So now everything is "That's nice" or "That's sweet." Matt and I are also enjoying her new verbal skills of "Out, please" "Up, please" an "Read, please." It's much better than the grunting phase that she had been using to communicate with us. We have also been playing with her hair these past couple of days. Lot's of pigtails and ponytails. Our little baby girl seems so much more grown up!

That's about it for now! Here are some pictures of the past couple of weeks.

Cookie Party

Russell - 12 Days Old


Meredith "helping" with Tummy Time

Pigtails

6 comments:

The Smith Family said...

Meredith looks too cute in her pigtails! I think Russ is looking like you!

Jones Family said...

I can't believe how much Russ has grown in just a few weeks. It sounds like you are getting into a routine. Hopefully, we will get into one soon. I will try to give you a call this week to catch up.

Beth said...

I love the pigtail shot! So cute!! It sounds like you all had a fun holiday!

Megan said...

Cute pictures! Russell is a sweet baby. It looks like Meredith is being a big help.

Megan said...

Will you ask Jennifer Caddy Jones to email me? I'd like to be able to read her blog. purrfectmeg@aol.com

-Shane, Michele & Wolffe said...

I can't believe how much Meredith has grown. And Russell is just adorable! Tell everyone at church hello for us! We thought we were going to be able to visit in February, but Shane's staff meeting was moved back to Omaha instead of NLR.

Oh, and tell the Jones and the McGaugheys that I would love to be able to view their blogs. They can e-mail me via my blog web.mac.com/shanemichelewolffe